Sunday 20 December 2020

Distance


It starts with late replies
then less replies
the distance becomes greater
and the talking becomes less frequent

Every time my phone lights up
i hope it's him 
or at least, i wish it was him

So i start to care less about what he do
but fragments of him linger in my head

People change
when their need changes
but i remember the times he was nice to me
instead of bitter memories

It's hard to accept it
but they've done their job in my life
everyone who walks in has purpose
and when they accomplish that, they leave

I will not disheartened
for with every person that walks out, someone better walk in
but the cycle will repeat
i'm going to have to learn how to be okay with it

Sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realize how much they need to fall back together.

No comments: